[Qgis-developer] extract traffic signal positions from OSM data

Dane Springmeyer blake at hailmail.net
Tue Jun 8 00:16:49 EDT 2010

On Jun 7, 2010, at 4:04 PM, Anita Graser wrote:

> Thanks Barry,
>
> I found that the OSM XAPI is pretty powerful. Downloading all traffic signals is as easy as:
>
> http://xapi.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/node[highway=traffic_signals][bbox=16.26,48.18,16.31,48.20]
>
> Still the OSM plugin for QGIS doesn't seem to download/interpret/render traffic signals.

I think they will come through as points, and OSM plugin tends to render points as one pixel so they are nearly invisible.

However, I've not confirmed as the OSM plugin crashes for me after parsing (on osx).

I did however using osm2pgsql to import the osm file generated with your above xapi request, and they show up as points (within the planet_osm_point table) with the highway field populated with the tag.

Zipped shapefile attached.

- dane