[Qgis-developer] Rule-based renderer

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 07:06:27 EDT 2010

Hi guys,

I'd like to ask you for a permission to lift feature freeze for the
inclusion of newly implemented rule-based renderer I've been
developing recently, but I've missed the deadline due to my former
school duties. This new feature doesn't affect any existing code, so
it is very unlikely that it would bring any regressions. The patch can
be found here:

https://newtrac.osgeo.org/qgis/attachment/ticket/1727/rulebasedrenderer_v2.diff

The rule-based renderer is an advanced renderer for symbology-ng: it
lets user to define rules consisting of a symbol, filter and scale
range. The filters have the same SQL-like syntax as used for searching
in attribute table and in field calculator. This combination gives the
users a strong tool for customizing the appearance of the layers,
including multi-attribute rules and scale-dependent rendering.
Accompanied with python bindings, it allows 3rd party developers to
implement further functionality, such as SLD import/export,
reading/writing of Mapnik XML files and much more.

If there will be no objections, I'd be happy to commit it into the trunk.

Regards
Martin