[Qgis-developer] Improving DXF to SHAPE Plugin

Bruce, Bob (CON) Bob.Bruce at gov.mb.ca
Thu Jun 17 17:13:46 EDT 2010

I tried using this plugin the other day and found that a lot of
important DXF element attributes were missing. Is there currently a way
to get things like the layer name and the textstring imported into the
SHAPE files using this plugin?

If there is not, are there any plans to extend this plugin to do this?
If help is needed to work on improving this plugin, I would be
interested in lending a hand since I am keen on seeing this
functionality added.

	Bob

**  Bob Bruce, FEC, P.Eng.     Geomatics Support Engineer
**  Bob.Bruce at gov.mb.ca        Manitoba Geomatics/Remote Sensing Branch,
**  work # (204) 945-6636      1007 Century Street,
**  FAX  # (204) 945-1365      Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, R3H 0W4
**
**  The Manitoba Centre for:
**   Cadastral & Topographical Mapping, and Remote Sensing
**   See us on the Web at: http://www.gov.mb.ca/conservation/geomatics/
**        Check out our digital maps at: http://mlidata.gov.mb.ca/WPMLI
**                 and: https://mli2.gov.mb.ca/