[Qgis-developer] Interest announcement for QGIS meeting

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Fri Mar 5 15:50:14 EST 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 6:14 PM, Gary Sherman <gsherman at mrcc.com> wrote:

> Agenda items for the meeting might include:
>  * Presentation of projects using or leveraging QGIS
>  * New things you are working on
>  * Roadmap discussion for version 1.9/2.0
>  * Hacking on core or plugins
>  * Training
>
> The meeting would be held for two or three days mid-week.
>
> I realize that Alaska is far away for most/many of you, however unique
> opportunities are available to combine the meeting with some excellent
> tourist activities.
>
> If you are interested in such a meeting please let me know (privately
> or to the list). If sufficient interest is expressed we will look into
> finding sponsors and begin working on details for a time and venue.

 I'm planning to be teaching a course in spatial stats to some
foresters at SFU in Vancouver, July 26-30th. I really should have a
bit of a holiday as well, so hanging around the NW for a meeting would
be an option. I'd prefer a meeting to be held in Canada so I don't
have to go through US customs (although arriving in Seattle on the
boat from Victoria after OSGeo was rather civilised).

 Am getting my airfare paid so no problem getting there.

 I'd like to work on integration with other GIS toolkits (but that's
only because I *still* don't grok Grass's workspace concept!)

Barry