[Qgis-developer] point displacement renderer plugin

Marco Hugentobler marco at hugis.net
Thu Mar 11 06:30:14 EST 2010

Hi devs

Recently, I wrote a plugin to display point datasets where several point
features have the same position. With the normal display, it is hard to see if
several features overlap.
The point displacement plugin draws (and optionally labels) such features in a
circle around the 'real' position. Background is the need to display where
school children live (maybe Andreas could give more details about it).

My question now is if people think this functionality is of common interest.
If yes, then it might be good to add it to core (or as a default plugin). If
not, then I could provide a windows dll if there is an interest.

The plugin sources can be downloaded from:
www.hugis.net/point_displacement_renderer.tgz

Looking forward for your feedback,
Marco

--