[Qgis-developer] Re: Line symbology-ng

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 15:42:53 EDT 2010

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 8:23 PM, John C. Tull <jctull at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> I was wondering if it would be possible to have a line cap style that is open. In the current setup, you have to pick a cap, and this draws lines across line symbology at each line segment. This becomes unattractive with highway symbology as shown in the example below for the black outlined route. Maybe there is a workaround that I am not considering.

Hi

if I understand your question correctly, you need to enable symbol
levels feature. That way you can force qgis to draw the black outline
first and then draw the blue "fill" - the black breaks between
features will be avoided. With symbol levels one can do also more
fancy stuff - see attached image of (imaginary) highway junction -
created from one shapefile with a Z-level field, using categorized
renderer from symbology-ng.

Cheers
Martin