[Qgis-developer] Re: [Qgis-community-team] GUI translation

Borys Jurgiel borysiasty at aster.pl
Sat Mar 20 08:40:02 EDT 2010

Dnia sobota, 20 marca 2010 o 13:20:49 Martin Dobias napisał(a):
> Ok, but isn't it easy to generate translation files per plugin? So the
> translators will
> have the contexts naturally split from the other strings. Each plugin
> would install
> its own translations...

So this was the second idea to keep everything inside each plugin. But it
seems to me to be extremely inconvenient and time-wasting for translators to
cope with 100 or 200 not synchronized ts files. First, how to indicate which
files aren't finished yet. Second, many strings are shared among plugins - how
to apply suggested translations from one file to another?