[Qgis-developer] request for review: Add possibility to ignore geotransform/gcps in QgsRasterLayer

Peter Ersts ersts at amnh.org
Fri May 7 10:27:15 EDT 2010

Howdy Manuel.

At first read through I am not sure this is the right approach. If I am
imagining the problem correctly, you basically need to convert from map
coordinates back to pixel coordinates. I think it would be better to add
that functionality rather than forcing the layer to ignore it's
geotransform.

If you can point me to the lines in the georeferencer code, I can try to
take a look and see if there is an alternative option for modifying
qgsrasterlayer.

-pete

On 05/07/2010 08:30 AM, Manuel Massing wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am currently fixing a problem with the georeferencer, which does
> not handle files with existing georeferencing information correctly
> (see #2465 - https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/2465).
>
> To this end, I'd like to add functionality which allows one to override the
> gdal geotransform in QgsRasterLayer, but as this touches on a core class I'd
> appreciate if someone could have a look and sign off or comment on the
> proposed patch.
>
> Essentially, the patch adds a constructor and flags which allow one to
> ignore ground control point and geotransform information when constructing the
> QgsRasterLayer.
>
> Okay to commit? I'll add an appropriate unit test if accepted.
>
> thanks&  best regards,
>
>    Manuel

====================================
Peter J. Ersts, Software Developer
American Museum of Natural History
Center for Biodiversity and Conservation
Central Park West at 79th Street
New York, New York 10024
Web: http://biodiversityinformatics.amnh.org
Web: http://cbc.amnh.org

Open Source,
...evolving through community cooperation to change the world bit by bit

Quantum GIS Raster Development Team.