[Qgis-developer] Importing Qgis source in to QTCreator

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon May 10 09:28:23 EDT 2010

Hi Ivan

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 2:42 PM,  <luca_manganelli at comune.trento.it> wrote:
> qgis-developer-bounces at lists.osgeo.org scritti il 10/05/2010 14:13:59
>
>> Ivan Mincik <ivan.mincik at gista.sk>
>>
>> Hi,
>> can somebody write simple howto, how to import and build QGIS source
>> in QTCreator ?

just simply open the root CMakeLists.txt file in Qt Creator. It will
recognize it as a project, ask for the build directory and run the
configuration. After a successful build you also have to install it -
qgis will not run from the source directory.

>> I am not C++ programmer, but it can be usefull for some advanced
>> patch testing or for new developers.
>
>> I saw  Martin's .pro script in some post, but I need more info.

No .pro files are needed. Qt Creator has support for CMake.from version 1.1.

Martin