[Qgis-developer] Reverse Changeset 13499

Chris Crook ccrook at linz.govt.nz
Tue May 18 20:17:15 EDT 2010

Hi

Yes .. It is wrong!  But the point of the estimated metadata isn't to get it right.  The point is that with very large tables, getting it right takes much too long - taking minutes to open layers (even if its only the first time with a lazy implementation) is very painful!

If the user wants it to be right (or at least, more nearly right), they don't have to use this option.  Even then it can still be wrong if another user is accessing and modifying the database.

Keeping the original implementation of the estimated metadata option gives the user the choice.

Cheers
Chris