[Qgis-developer] adding encoding file

Maxim Dubinin sim at gis-lab.info
Wed May 19 13:02:42 EDT 2010

Meaning that we just need to tweak Open vector dialog somehow?

Right now, CPGs are not being read as I understand.

I'd suggest for starters that if CPG is present:

1. Open vector dialog automatically set the selector to this Encoding
(and may be block from changing adding something like: "UTF8: read from CPG"
2. 'qgis layername.shp' automatically loads it in correct encoding,
not the last one, like now.

Maxim