[Qgis-developer] Re: [DebianGIS] packaging spatialite libs and tools?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu May 20 12:13:09 EDT 2010

Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all.
> We are now developing a SpatiaLite manager plugin for QGIS[0]. Work is
> going well, but Debian users cannot easily profit of this because a deb for
> py library is missing[1]. Paradoxically, Windows users can easily install
> it. Is anyone planning or willing to package it?
> Furthermore, a package of some of the SpatiaLite tools[2] could be
> interesting for users, especially SpatiaLite-gui.
> Thanks for any feedback.
> All the best.

Well it actually is easy with easy_install. The biggest problem with
python debs is that they get out of date really fast. Personally I've
been raising the discussion with QGIS that we should look to moving
plugins to python eggs so we can introduce dependency tracking via
easy_install.

But yes a deb of pyspatialite would probably be useful at some point.

Thanks,
Alex