[Qgis-developer] must_fix bugs?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Tue May 25 13:38:18 EDT 2010

Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Hi all.
> Are we sure all of these are must-fix, or we can downgrade some of them?
> https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&must_fix=Yes&order=priority
> All the best.

I think there's some need for clarification about what a "must fix"
ticket should be and if that means it must be fixed for the next
release. Some of those bugs clearly need to be addressed but since
they've never worked as expected unless we choose that 1.5 should have
them they aren't must fix for 1.5. I would bump those to try to get them
done in 1.6

Maybe people are confused by the "must fix" and assume that we won't
look at the bug seriously if it doesn't have that. All tickets that
aren't enhancements are 'must fix' in my mind. Perhaps that term should
be "must fix for next release" or "plan to fix for upcoming release"

For instance  #2610 (Printing with SVG symbols: QGIS ignores totally the
size of SVG symbol) - Yes I agree we must fix this eventually, but I'm
not sure this ever worked right or that is a goal of 1.5 for this to
work right.

Things like segfaults and other types of crashes seem to be appropriate
things to at least try and solve before the release.

Thanks,
Alex