[Qgis-developer] Minor Irritations
JPalmer at linz.govt.nz
Tue Nov 2 03:41:53 EDT 2010
Cool idea. Two questions:
- Is there a consistency problem for users switching between platforms? Maybe it's best to determine the 2 most used selection modifier functions, and then make the keys the same on both platforms..
- What does swapping the selection exactly mean?
From: Borys Jurgiel [borysiasty at aster.pl]
Sent: Tuesday, 2 November 2010 11:02 a.m.
To: Jeremy Palmer
Cc: qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: Re: [Qgis-developer] Minor Irritations
Dnia poniedziałek 01 listopada 2010 o 22:19:54 Jeremy Palmer napisał(a):
> Within the ticket I have added a new patch that allows the user to set the
> default selection method. For KDE or Gnome this at least allows users to
> set the main way they want to select features. Not perfect but at least
> functional. Maybe someone else has another idea?
Milena always has another idea ;) and proposes choosing between two modes:
Mode 1 (Win):
- alt for switching intersects/contains
- ctrl for adding features
- shift for substracting features
Mode 2 (Gnome/KDE):
- shift for switching intersects/contains
- ctrl for swapping the selection
This message contains information, which is confidential and may be subject to legal privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, you must not peruse, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message.
If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately (Phone 0800 665 463 or info at linz.govt.nz) and destroy the original message.
LINZ accepts no responsibility for changes to this email, or for any attachments, after its transmission from LINZ.
More information about the Qgis-developer