[Qgis-developer] Minor Irritations

Jeremy Palmer JPalmer at linz.govt.nz
Tue Nov 2 07:26:23 EDT 2010

At the moment you need to hold the alt key. To do it the other way would take more work and might be trouble just waiting to happen.

Ok how about this as a proposal for the select tools:

Shift: switch to contains select (default is intersects, this will not be user configurable)
Ctrl: Symmetric difference of the current and new selected features. i.e. if already selected then remove, if not already selected then add.

Also add the tool tips - very good suggestion thank you.

Under this proposal we don't need to use the alt key and all platforms are the same. The only downside is that some users might get a surprise with the usage of the symmetric difference functionality - I guess it just depends on what other software they have been using.

Can we please get a vote on this!?

Cheers,
Jeremy