[Qgis-developer] QGIS Days

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Nov 12 03:52:21 EST 2010

Hi all.
Another idea we had (thanks Otto!).
Background0: I think now QGIS is ready to compete in the world arena,
head to head with all other desktop GIS. OK, we ned some polishing, but
we basically are there.
Background1: the QGIS meeting in Switzerland was quite successful.
Proposal: prepare a "QGIS Day" package, with promotion material (we
already have some), slide shows, and a general programme, and ask local
QGIS communities to launch their own QGIS Day, to let people know about
QGIS.
A few decision to be made (if the proposal is ok):
- should the users pay for it? (I vote no)
- should we accept sponsors? (I vote yes)
- how could we use the eventual money? (I vote to deduct the expenses,
and the rest, if any, should go to the project)
- any approval for PSC? (I vote yes, to make sure the message is
correctly forwarded).
Any opinion?
All the best.
--