[Qgis-developer] minimum versions

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 18:03:59 EST 2010

Hi Devs, I'd like to a get take on the minimum versions for some of
the software that qgis depends on, namely GEOS, SIP, and GDAL/OGR.
What is our policy on minimum versions, how often do we update them,
and how can I find out what they are for the various bits and pieces?
Do we have any official documents/places where this information is
stored? I ask because a) recent versions of GEOS > 3.1 have several
new features like one sided buffers etc that would be quite nice to
have, and b) the more Pythonic way of interacting with the PyQGIS
bindings requires a more recent version of SIP > 4.9, which would make
python plugin development easier and cleaner for all the Pythonistas
out there...

Thanks in advance for any information,

Carson

--