[Qgis-developer] qgis2google, OTB plugins, enhanced measurements

Maxim Dubinin sim at gis-lab.info
Mon Nov 22 12:10:24 EST 2010

Hi all,

We missed hackfest again :( But we were busy working on several
things, that might be of interest, we:

1. fixed qgis2google, working again ;)
2. created a win-build with OTB plugins based on r14713m
3. modified all three measurement tools to work with
unprojected data in lat-long and automagically give numbers in meters etc
(angles are spherical), calculations are using QgsDistanceArea
and WGS84 based. Handy for those who have rasters in latlong, but
still want to get measurements in meters/km2

All three things are available for testing as a package, details on
installation can be found here:
http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fgis-lab.info%2Fblog%2F2010-11%2Fotb-plugin-qgis%2F

New measurements patch is in trac, can please someone
have a look and commit or just review, Alex can commit.
http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/3240

Thanks to stopa85 and alexbruy for awesome work,

Maxim