[Qgis-developer] Way forward: QGIS plugin repo, plugin Trac etc.

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 13:07:32 EST 2010

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 2:31 PM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> Hi
> 8<----------snip---------------
>

>> I have updated the plugin repository wiki page and tried to dump as
>> much as possible from the ideas and requirements:
>> http://www.qgis.org/wiki/PluginRepository
>>

> Ponies!?? :-) Heheh cant wait to see how the portal is going to look
> with this kind of inspiration :-)

Yeah, everyone loves ponies :)

> I was also thinking about a few other apps to go under our django project:
>
> - python snippets
> - c++ snippets

I think the snippets can be kept in the developer cookbook - it was
meant to be both an introduction to the API and a place where to find
useful snippets. Anyway there's djangosnippets.org - site with
user-contributed django snippets, its code is available so we could
reuse it for our site.

> - style repository
> - symbol repository (svgs / pngs / ttfs)

Yes, that would be very useful.

> If we can make them all in pink that would be cool too :-) I know
> above are future things but it would be nice to bear in mind where we
> are going as we build the plugin repo app so that we can maximise code
> re-use.

Agreed!

Martin