[Qgis-developer] 2 doubts prior Compiling QGIS on ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 05:36:46 EST 2010

Hi!

I'm going to follow directions in
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Building_QGIS_from_Source#3.12._A_practical_case:_Building_QGIS_and_GRASS_from_source_on_Ubuntu_with_ECW_and_MrSID_formats_support

in order to have the latest qgis version in ubuntu 10.4.

After reading, I have 2 doubts:

1. I have grass installed from binaries. Do I need to compile it or
can the new qgis just use the version I have installed (from
binaries)?
2. I want to keep my current stable version from binaries. I
understand that after doing
sudo make install

I will substitute the older by the newer.
How could I rename the new version so that after make install I would
have qgis for the current stable and i.e., qgis17 for the latest?

Thanks

Agus