[Qgis-developer] Re: 2 doubts prior Compiling QGIS on ubuntu 10.04 LTS

Agustin Lobo alobolistas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 23 08:03:44 EST 2010

1. So in my case (Synaptic installing from ubuntugis), I set GRASS_PREFIX to
/usr/lib/grass64 in ccmake, right? Is there an easy way to know where
Synaptic installs packages instead of having to make long searches?

2. I must avoid
sudo make install
to do not overwrite my current qgis, right?

I mean, the best is just copying the new executable to /usr/bin/qgis17

3. Section "3.12.6. Step 6: compile and install QGIS" tells the reader to
copy tar files, while svn is
used for gdal in section "3.12.4. Step 4: compile and install the gdal
libraries". For consistency, could the directions for using svn for qgis be
included also? (i.e., like
http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/doc/manual/qgis-1.5.0_coding-compilation_guide_en.pdf
p.64-p.66)

4. I also note that reference [12] is broken and there is no qgis > 1.5 in
http://download.osgeo.org/qgis/src/
(referred to by [13])

5. Is the list of requirements in qgis-1.5.0_coding-compilation_guide_en.pdf
p.62-64 up to date?

Thanks

Agus