[postgis-users] [Qgis-developer] Fwd: WKTRaster Plugin 0.1

Maurício de Paulo mauricio.dev at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 21:24:07 EST 2010

Actually the plugin was born in really speedy fashion. I think that at the
moment it speaks for itself as it's actually very simple.
I could test the UI on windows, if that's what you need, but to actually
read the raster you need gdal recognizing postgis rasters so only for 1.7
builds.
That's why i was able to alter it on windows. I can test the plugin part. I
can't test GDAL part.
QGIS is releasing a new version these weeks. I'm going to ask if is anyone
going to compile a windows build with gdal 1.7 or (with luck) 1.8.
What kind of demo do you need? I don't have a hosting for the plugin at the
moment but I can produce some ubuntu's screenshots (or even a video).
The plugin's fairly simple, though.
For the next request (a tool to process the queries), QGIS does have a
really nice tool called RT_Sql to execute PostGIS SQL queries.
I don't really know if I should bring a new tool to the application doing
almost the same thing with just different datasources.
What can be done is to talk with the guys who developped RT_Sql and check if
they don't want a little improvement to cope with raster layers too.

Anyway, there is still a mystic point for me: some processing returns vector
and some return rasters (and I don'nt think that's all). That's... odd to
cope with. I'm still giving some thought to it. I still need to read how
postgis raster processing works and gives results.
Best regards,
Mauricio de Paulo

--
Mauricio de Paulo