[Qgis-developer] PyQGIS: ImportError: DLL load failed with Python 2.6.5

timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de timmichelsen at gmx-topmail.de
Fri Oct 8 06:43:50 EDT 2010

Hello,
I have a Python 2.6.5. installation set-up independantly of OSGEO4W.

I use this tutorial:
http://mapserver.sk/~wonder/qgis/html/intro.html#running-custom-applications

Although I added "c:\OSGeo4W\apps\qgis-dev\bin" to PATH, I still receive the
following error:
"ImportError: DLL load failed: Das angegebene Modul wurde nicht gefunden."

How can I avoid that?
I according to some threads, one should use the python version delivered with
OSGEO4W:
http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/Use-qgis-libraries-in-python-scripts-td5273443.html

But my environment is now perfectly set up with the PythonXY (Python 2.6.5.)
installation.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Timmie