[Qgis-developer] Plugin Offline editing: first tests

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 04:35:08 EDT 2010

>but the layer seems to be copied. So I edit it, and I get another error while
>committing the changes to the SL db:
>
>Errors: ERROR: 314 feature(s) not added.
>
>I tested this with 2 different polygon layers, with the same problem. Points are
>handled well.
>
>Furthermore, views can be synced for offline use, but obviously the syncing back to
>PostGIS fails: I think the user should be warned before copying for offline use.
>All the best.

Is no easy to advice the user because is no easy to understand if it is
denied or not.

Infact a possibility situation is that the account don't have the write
right,
or it are connectiong to a  view, or again (more complex) the table can have
some constraints forward others tables.

The only method to understand if the layer is writeable.
Is to try to write.
The user must try and discovered if can do it or not.

--
Andrea Peri