[Qgis-developer] Full consistent SVG Icon Set

Robert Szczepanek robert at szczepanek.pl
Wed Oct 13 16:07:58 EDT 2010

Hi Jean Roc,

W dniu 13.10.2010 20:46, MORREALE Jean Roc pisze:
> A few months ago, I started dispatching your icon set into individual
> svg files to get it like the default qgis set and to ease the work on it
> as separate packages means the possibility to follow the evolution of
> one icon in a svn repo.

Icons have many common elements. So having 'layer' sign in 20-30 icons,
one have to change it 20-30 times. Now with one source file just once.
It can be done with 'stable' icon set, let say version 0.2 of GIS icons :)

> I planned to do some work on your icon set to bring more contrast (it is
> difficult for some to distinguish between active and unactive).

Please point out which ones you mean.
Any other comments also are very welcome before QGIS hackfest in Wroclaw
[1].
I will try to improve them during HF and then split into separate files.

> About the map icon sets, having them is one thing but for now it would
> be too painful to browse in the composer item tab without a filtering
> tool (the folder search doesn't fill this gap).
>
> Regards,
> Jean Roc

Answering also Alex question.
We can use keywords from SVG file and implement search engine. To do ...
Robert

[1] http://www.qgis.org/wiki/4._QGIS_Hackfest_in_Wroclaw_2010