[Qgis-developer] 1.6 Release Timeline

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sun Oct 17 04:59:00 EDT 2010

Hi Folks

Ok so my proposed (extremely short) timeline for releasing 1.6 is:

Feature freeze AND string freeze : 24 October 2010
Code freeze, branch and call for packaging: 31 October 2010
Release announcement date: November 7 2010

As per usual exact day of release will depend on package availability.

So now is a good time to identify any show stoppers.

Does anybody find this short timeline problematic?

I started a checklist page for 1.6 at:
http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Release_Checklist_1.6

If anybody has ideas and suggestions for interesting things to
highlight for the visual changelog, please make a note of them here:

http://www.qgis.org/wiki/VisualChangeLog1.6.0

Regards

Tim

 * QGIS programming and support services