[Qgis-developer] PostGIS plugins

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Oct 20 12:26:58 EDT 2010

Il 20/10/2010 17:55, Ivan Mincik ha scritto:
>  I think, it would be very good to merge all good plugins derived from
> Martin's PostGIS Manager to one General database manager. Current
> tendency of creating PostGIS plugins by copying Martin's pluging,
> leaving 90% of code as is, even if I do not need, is not very good idea.
> Or, if not merging them, maybe creating some base library from Martin's
> PostGIS Manager code can be a solution. What do You think ?

Agreed: that was also our original idea. Unfotunately this proved more difficult than
forecast; this kind of integration is one of the main forces that drive me towards
pushing for a common SVN+trac for all plugin, so that merging and splitting of code
will be much easier, and replications lessened.
All the best.