[Qgis-developer] PostGIS plugins

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Oct 21 02:34:16 EDT 2010

Il 21/10/2010 00:14, Martin Dobias ha scritto:
> I would agree to include PostGIS plugins to trunk, but IMHO it makes
> much more sense to have only one PostGIS plugin to do all management
> tasks. I think some effort should be done to integrate the plugins
> into one prior to inclusion to the trunk... It's hard to force people
> to do this kind of boring work once the code is included in
> repository.

Hi Martin.
I agree that it is better either to integrate all tools into one or, perhaps even
better, to have a modular approach, so it will be easier to add new tools.
I also agree that it is better to do this work before putting it into trunk, but I
think we need a collaborative platform (a plugin SVN) where several devs can
cooperate (see the other mail).
So my suggestion could be rephrased as: let's put our plugins on an svn, and start
merging them. Afterwards they can be moved to trunk.
How does this sound?
All the best.