[Qgis-developer] The new QGIS plugin repo

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Oct 22 06:51:07 EDT 2010

Il 21/10/2010 23:46, Alex Mandel ha scritto:
> Maybe we need to re-ask, re-answer the questions:
> Who is the site for?
> What information should it contain?
> How much control do plugin authors need over their plugin?

Let me also go back to basic:
- we *need* a bug reporting system for plugins: this is very urgent IMHO
- we need a collaboration platform: it would be so much better if we could fix each
other's bugs, and collaborate merging now separated, possibly complementary, plugins.
 Sorry Pirmin, I do not understand when you write "give away the control of ...
source code"; I understand however the need for a benevolent dictator for each
plugin, but this should not mean impossibility to contribute code to it, IMHO
- our users would like a documentation, popularity, and feedback system
- we need simple systems, easy to administer, not to use too much resources in
keeping the system going.
Anything else?
All the best.