[Qgis-developer] save project via python results in segfault

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Oct 24 15:03:59 EDT 2010

Hi devs,

trying to fix a mapserverexportplugin segfault (#2870)
It appears to happen when we try to save a non-saved qgis project to
qgs-file via python.
It's easy to test; try the following in the python console:

p=QgsProject.instance()
p.setFileName(str("/home/richard/temp/bpprr.qgs"))
p.write()

I've been looking at it by putting debug messages in cpp code, and to me
it seems the crash appears when in
qgspythonutilsimpl.cpp: 153: the method runString is called with the
parameter "sys.path.append('/home/richard/temp')"

Does this ring a bell with someone?
Should I be able to save a just started qgis project via python? Or
should I call some other methods first?

TIA,

Richard Duivenvoorde