[Qgis-developer] save project via python results in segfault

Barry Rowlingson b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk
Mon Oct 25 03:55:16 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 8:44 AM, Barry Rowlingson
<b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:

> my autosave plugin has been crashing qgis since version 1.5 because it
> uses essentially the same python code. I was pretty busy at the time
> so I just disabled it and carried on. Haven't got back to it, but can
> confirm the behaviour you are seeing.

 I notice that the file is being created with zero-length on my
system, so the program must be getting into QgsProject:write and
crashing there. There's a method for write() with a QFileInfo arg as
well as the method with no args. Not sure if this is a problem, but I
thought that kind of thing is handled by the SIP wrappers.

 I tried creating a QFileInfo object in python and calling :write but
it still crashed, something like:

 f = QFileInfo("/tmp/foo.qgs")
 p = QgsProject.instance()
 p.write(f)
*crash*

I need to set up a Qgis build environment to get any further with this...

Barry