[Qgis-developer] WMS Benchmark at FOSS4G, Any Results?

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Fri Sep 10 04:30:19 EDT 2010

Hi Andreas,
Unfortunately, no slides from the FOSS4G are published yet. And since they had
not enough WIFI logins, we were more or less offline this week.
QGIS mapserver had similar problems as other teams to get consistent results
with the spanish dataset. So this years exercise was more about learning how
to make a meaningful benchmark, than comparing the final numbers. The great
thing is, that the benchmark machines will remain dedicatet for performance
tests. So we have the possibility to solve the problems we had with the huge
countour line layer. Anyway the FOSS4G was a good opportunity to let the
people know about WMS mapserver and we got very positive feedback.
Pirmin

--
Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions