[Qgis-developer] Helmert 7 param transformation

Zoran Jankovic zoran.jankovic at zisis.hr
Mon Sep 13 12:50:43 EDT 2010

Hi guys and girls,
I sent this message once before, but I do not think it got through, so I'm
reposting.

I know this is slightly off topic, but I ran out of places to ask... I'm
looking for a piece of software, it could be a standalone app, or some
JavaScript somewhere, that can calculate the 7 parameters of Helmerts
transformation from the coordinates of identical points. Lots of
applications can transform CRS, even on the fly, but I need something to
calculate the parameters...

The thing is I'm preparing for an exam, this is like a bar exam so I can get
to be a certified surveying engineer, and one of the questions is to
calculate the params. A decade ago, when I was a student, I had the formulas
in a Sharp programmable calculator (that I borrowed :-)). Alas, both the
knowledge, as well as the programmable calculator got lost somewhere over
the years :-)

---
Zoran Jankovic