[Qgis-developer] Re: cmake error on OS X 10.6

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Wed Sep 15 23:21:56 EDT 2010

I confess that since setting up the Xcode project, I use it exclusively and haven't tried a cmake build in a while, though others have with success.

The Qgis cmake configure should automatically find known frameworks.  GDAL and GEOS are known, but GSL is fairly recent as a framework and the cmake stuff wasn't updated.

Odd, I see that the cmake test for PROJ doesn't check for a framework.

On Sep 15, 2010, at 7:56 PM, Matthew Denno wrote:

> Okay - so I seemed to fix this error by adding the following to cmake:
>
> -D
> GSL_CONFIG_PREFER_PATH:STRING=/Library/Frameworks/GSL.framework/Versions/1/unix/bin
>
> Now I receive the following error during make:
>
> [ 67%] Generating analysis/sipanalysispart0.cpp,
> analysis/sipanalysispart1.cpp, analysis/sipanalysispart2.cpp,
> analysis/sipanalysispart3.cpp
>
> sip: /Users/matt/Development/qgis/python/core/conversions.sip:269: Mapped
> type has already been defined in another module
> make[2]: *** [python/analysis/sipanalysispart0.cpp] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [python/CMakeFiles/python_module_qgis_analysis.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Any ideas?

I don't know about this.  I have heard about a problem related to some already defined or undefined error with the latest SIP/PyQt (unrelated to Qgis directly).  I've been holding off on trying them until I see new versions.  (last versions I used are SIP 4.10.5, PyQt 4.7.4)

> I am trying to build QGIS on OS X 10.6.  I have not exactly followed the instructions from the Installation Guide because I had lots of trouble getting PyQt built/installed.  Anyway, I ended up installing the dependencies using KyngChaos frameworks where available and MacPorts for the rest.

I personally don't use and don't recommend MacPorts (or Fink) when using other available binaries like my frameworks.  Past experience (though mostly old, but some recent from others) has shown that they often interfere with or override other binaries.

The build instructions should work just fine with a minimum of fuss.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin