[Qgis-developer] Please vote: Proposed extension to 1.7 release
lists at linfiniti.com
Fri Apr 1 06:47:58 EDT 2011
It seems those who care have had their say, and those that don't
haven't :-) So it looks like a majority of people opt for 3 - dedicate
the hackfest to bug fixing and release after. As such I will suggest
we lift the string freeze again but maintain the feature freeze in
place. I will update the release checklist with new timings over teh
On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 5:35 PM, Mayeul Kauffmann
<mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr> wrote:
> My preference: option 3 + Marco's suggestion
> Still, there are more people "voting" than people going to the hackfest!
> There were at least 2 messages saying that debugging is not fun (and,
> no, it is not fun!). And Marco is right about discussing future
> development directions. For me those taking the time to go to Lisbon
> should do what they prefer to do, not what the majority of developers
> My preference is still option 3 (+ Marco's suggestion), but whatever the
> decision of participants would be, thanks in advance for the good work
> and have fun!
> Le jeudi 31 mars 2011 à 09:34 +0200, Marco Hugentobler a écrit :
>> Hi Tim
>> 3 for me too (assuming there is still space to discuss future development
>> directions at the hackfest).
>> Am Donnerstag, 31. März 2011, um 08.54:11 schrieb Tim Sutton:
>> > Hi all
>> > There has been some discussion on this list about extending the
>> > release schedule for 1.7. The proposals are:
>> > 1) Continue with release schedule as is (aiming for mid-april release
>> > announcement with branching on 7 April)
>> > 2) Extend the release schedule and lift the string freeze until after
>> > the hackfest. We would then spend **a day** of the hackfest tidying up
>> > QGIS 1.7 and then branch at the end of that day and finalise
>> > translation in that branch while we continue to hack new features into
>> > trunk for the rest of the hackfest. Planned tag for release would be a
>> > week after the hackfest.
>> > 3) Extend the release schedule and lift the string freeze until after
>> > the hackfest. We would then spend **all** of the hackfest tidying up
>> > QGIS 1.7 and then impose a string freeze straight after the hackfest
>> > with a planned branch for release a week later.
>> > Please cast your vote and have your say.
>> > My vote: option 3
>> > Regards
>> > Tim
> Qgis-developer mailing list
> Qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org
Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member (Release Manager)
Please do not email me off-list with technical
support questions. Using the lists will gain
more exposure for your issues and the knowledge
surrounding your issue will be shared with all.
Visit http://linfiniti.com to find out about:
* QGIS programming and support services
* Mapserver and PostGIS based hosting plans
* FOSS Consulting Services
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net
More information about the Qgis-developer