[Qgis-developer] Please vote: Proposed extension to 1.7 release schedule

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Apr 1 07:27:18 EDT 2011

 Hi Paolo,

 I think it makes sense to separate the two completely. Most QGIS
 desktop users won't care about a webgis client. And some QGIS Server
 users may want to run their own webgis viewer or use QGIS Server just as
 a regular WMS.

 It will be easy to install and configure, and hopefully well
 documented, though.

 But I doubt that it will satisfy everybody's need.

 Andreas

 On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 13:17:41 +0200, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il giorno ven, 01/04/2011 alle 13.11 +0200, Andreas Neumann ha
> scritto:
>> Paolo, the qgis webclient, although it works with QGIS server, will
>> not
>>  be delivered by default with QGIS. It will reside in a parallel
>>  repository, just like the QGIS documentation or the articles.
>> Besides
>>  Jürgens work on the WMS server tab in the project properties it has
>> no
>>  influence on QGIS desktop. So no need to hold back because of my
>>  webclient.
>>
>>  User will need to check out qgis webclient manually. It will not be
>>  delivered together with QGIS.
>
> Why so? Wouldn't it be better (and simpler for users) to keep
> everything
> in one place?
> All the best.

 Andreas Neumann