[Qgis-developer] Please vote: Proposed extension to 1.7 release schedule

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Apr 1 09:45:04 EDT 2011

 I would propose to place it next to the documentation:
 https://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/trunk/webclient

 Currently the webclient is 3.7MB, about 600 files, but most of it is
 just OpenLayers, Ext and GeoExt. I can strip it more down to the
 necessary resources (maybe down to 2mb, 150 files). The libraries (OL,
 Ext, GeoExt) contain both deployment and debug versions.

 If we decide to bundle it, I would propose not to bundle it with 1.7,
 but wait for 1.8. I think it should be more thoroughly tested and those
 users who want to test it can easily extract it from SVN.

 At a later stage we can still discuss how we want to deliver the
 webclient.

 Andreas

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A