[Qgis-developer] QgisMapserver - need to restart Apache on every project file change ?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Apr 4 06:14:42 EDT 2011

 Hi,

 You need to reload, not restart Apache. A restart is not necessary.
 This is due to the caching mechanism QGIS server uses.

 This is suboptimal and will be improved in a future version, most
 likely in late spring. There will be a command to reload only one
 specific project without having to reload Apache.

 Andreas

 On Mon, 4 Apr 2011 11:20:57 +0200, kimaidou wrote:
> Hi all, Marco,
>
> I am testing Qgis mapserver on a demo server. I realized I needed to
> restart Apache so that an server side project file has been modified
> to see the changes in the WMS.
> Is it "normal", or is it a misconfiguration on my side ?
>
> NB : I am using ubuntu 10.10, and symbolic links to add any qgis
> project + data as a new server.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Kimaidou

 Andreas Neumann