[Qgis-developer] search and catalog tool

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Tue Apr 5 04:14:55 EDT 2011

Hi

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 9:51 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Il giorno mar, 05/04/2011 alle 09.23 +0200, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>
>> The pieces for such functionality are coming together and I think it
>> wont be long before we have a robust catalogue tool for QGIS.
>
> Great news. Could you  please let us know more about the project? Which
> metadata standard will the catalogue use?
> All the best.

Its an extension / rewrite of Alex Mandel's metaedit plugin but aiming
to be more user friendly and allow faster data capture.

It supports IS19115 metadata - you need to define the profile you wish
to use with it. Currently there is one profile based on the needs of
my client.

@Alex Bruy can we give out your SVN repo details for interested people
to test with?

When the work is done we will offer it for inclusion into QGIS core.

Regards

Tim

> --
> Paolo Cavallini: http://www.faunalia.it/pc