[Qgis-developer] Design own QGIS icons

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Tue Apr 5 07:01:10 EDT 2011

Hi

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 11:38 AM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> You can finde them in the QGIS trunk sourcecode:
> http://svn.osgeo.org/qgis/trunk/qgis/images/themes/
>
> For most icons you can also get the source svg files which you can use for
> editing in Inkscape or Illustrator.
>
> Andreas

Christoph you can also get them from the source at

http://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/graphics/trunk/toolbar-icons/24x24/

Note that QGIS has more than one icon theme - if you really want your
stuff to integrate nicely you should make your code theming aware. For
plugins there is an example of how to do that in e.g.
src/plugins/copyright_label/plugin.cpp for references to
'setCurrentTheme'. The aforementioned example has its theme icons in
the core qgis icon collection, but you can also store your different
them icons in the resource file (e.g.
src/plugins/copyright_label/copyright_plugin.qrc) and then use a
relative path into that qrc file to pick up the correct icon for the
current theme. The grass plugin and its qrc are probably the best
example of how this is done.

Its not been agreed yet, but in the run up to QGIS 2.0 we may drop
some of the alternate themes and just ship with GIS theme.

Regards

Tim

> On Tue, 5 Apr 2011 11:21:49 +0200, Goo Creations wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> I want to design my own icons for my QGIS plugin. These icons should
>> fit in with the QGIS theme. Is there any way I can get the individual
>> components (eg: the shape for the layer (raster or vector layer icon)
>> or the + icon on top of the add rsater layer)?
>>
>> Christoph

> Andreas Neumann
> Böschacherstrasse 10A
> 8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)