[Qgis-developer] GSoC Proposal: QGis Globe

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 04:50:59 EDT 2011

On Thu, 2011-04-07 at 10:16 +0200, Marco Bernasocchi wrote:
> Hi martin, all, i looked into the 3 projects because Anne or Anita (sorry
> girls i cant recall) suggested to propose more projects than last years
> since it seemed that the number of assigned projects was dependent on number
> of proposals.

Hi Marco, all,

I did say that last year's slot assignment depended (somehow) on the
number of applications. But, as we don't know the algorithm that will be
used this year, I don't call for 10 proposals for each student just to
increase the odds - and honestly speaking it would be difficult to write
10 really good proposals for the same organisation and the same project.

That would remember me h index spoofing:
http://upsilon.cc/~zack/blog/posts/2010/11/h-index_spoofing/

> I like the three idea and my thinking was to allow the
> "decision makers" which projects is more needed.
> I havent sent the proposals in yet so i m happy to get more feed back from
> you all.

Good! We look forward to hear from devs about which proposal(s) to
submit on Melange. Just a reminder, student application closes tomorrow
19.00 UTC!

> Ciao marco

best,
Anne