AW: [Qgis-developer] QGIS webclient into svn

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Apr 14 05:36:06 EDT 2011

>> Regarding WFS-T: it is not yet planned. OpenLayers has some
>> digitizing
>> support - so at least from the client side, some basisc support for
>> editing already exists. However, it would add an additional
>> dependency
>> to the whole setup. I would have to find out how to add additional
>> functionality as optional modules. I consider the current client
>> version as basic or essential. Many of the additional functions may
>> end
>> up as optional modules.
>
> Yes, I agree that a plugin approach would be necessary.
> Another think that will be useful is authentication.

 authentication: maybe also as a plugin? I don't know. I don't have
 immediate plans. We should not forget that the primary goal is a
 out-of-the-box, easy to install, webgis solution.

 Not sure how I would implement authentication. It is probably totally
 dependent on the database used and the organization's need. It is
 probably necessary as soon as one starts to allow online digitizing.

 Any thoughts on how you would implement authentication?

 Andreas

 --
 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A