[Qgis-developer] QGIS web: server and client

Mohammed Rashad mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 10:09:43 EDT 2011

we have a similar application called Online Shapefile viewer. which uses
gdal library to render a shapefile. We do not use php or other web scripting
languages. the whole application is written in c++ but not a cgi
application.

Can this be included in qgis server application? I dont know..
lsi.iiit.ac.in/lsi/shpviewer
the application directly reads a shapefile using

  OGRDataSource      *poDS;

    poDS = OGRSFDriverRegistrar::Open( "point.shp", FALSE );
    if( poDS == NULL )
    {
        printf( "Open failed.\n" );
        exit( 1 );
    }

Currently just rendering is done and we are working on showing attributes
and labelling.
This application can be modified to make QGIS Server.

Any type of comments,suggestion,feature request && BUGS are always welcome

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 4:38 PM, Vincent Picavet <vincent.ml at oslandia.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > We just had an interesting discussion at the hackfest about QGIS web
> > server and client. Our main results are here:
> > http://www.qgis.org/wiki/Web_server
> > Everybody is welcome to add to the page, keep the discussion alive, and
> > contribute code to the projects.
>
> And there seems to be a general demand to speak about «QGIS-server» instead
> of
> «QGIS-mapserver». The latter is really confusing for most user, as it tend
> make them think it uses UMN mapserver...
>
> vincent

Thanks && Regards
Rashadn