[Qgis-developer] problem with raster

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 13:20:03 EDT 2011

There is one problem, which I don't know how to solve. For certain
projections and source extent, reprojected extent of a map (both
raster and vector) may run to infinity. We are usually expecting some
reasonable values, with infinite or very large numbers everything
fails.

How should be handled this situation? Is it possible to find somehow
maximum reasonable area for given projection? It is probably possible
to tests if projection transformation works/fails on regular grid of
points in longlat. Is there a better solution?

Radim