[Qgis-developer] QGIS Processing Framework

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Apr 27 14:46:43 EDT 2011

Il giorno mer, 27/04/2011 alle 12.00 -0400, Camilo Polymeris ha
scritto:
> Good point. SAGA, as far as I know, does not provide information on
> which parameters are considered basic and which are advanced. Perhaps
> a list of parameters considered advanced can be included with the
> plugin. Not very elegant, because it would be out-of-sync with SAGA,
> but practical.

It is the same approach used in GRASS: in fact, it is better (even if
not elegant, I agree) to be able to decide which options should be
exposed as default, and which ones as advanced). In fact it would be
also good to add a general option "user/power user"; in the first case
only default options will be exposed, in the second the full options.

> Again, SAGA provides no tag information. It would have to be generated
> programatically from library/module name & description or provided in
> a list.
> Any thoughts on the GUI for that tree? More like SAGA's module tree or
> more like GIMP's filter menu? I don't think the
> search/filter/favorites/frequently used part is very hard.. but still,
> I will keep things simple.

I think filtering is often the easiest option.

All the best.