[Qgis-developer] QGIS Processing Framework

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Thu Apr 28 02:26:01 EDT 2011

Il giorno gio, 28/04/2011 alle 00.11 +0200, MALIK Julien ha scritto:
> If I understand Paolo's point right, there would be also a "config"
> toggle, where the end user can configure which parameters he wants
> standard, and which he wants advanced.

Sorry I was unclear: I meant to have a general option, where an user can
choose its level. If he selects "normal", only simple options will be
shown (with a button for advanced, see GRASS plugin); if "power", an
extended set of options will be shown. Possibly one could selest "master
of known universe" and have all the possible option.

> And what about the other way around ? So that you can open the GUI,
> copy/paste a command line, then further refine the parameters with the
> cool widgets of the GUI.

That would be great.

> Or you want standard/advanced/guru ?

That is a possibility, see above.

> Yes you have to keep work for next summer ;)

Do not worry about this, we do not miss ambitious ideas ;)
Just to say one, we should make all of QGIS scriptable, one day.
All the best.