[Qgis-developer] Attribute data update of a shape file

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Sat Apr 30 03:25:05 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Fri, 29. Apr 2011 at 07:56:35 -0700, maaza mekuria wrote:
>    I have a written a plugin that updates an attribute of a shape file and it
>    tells me it ran fine and yet, I am not able to see the changes in the
>    attribute table once the program finishes. I am using QGIS 1.6 Copiapo on
>    Windows). I am compiling using the 1.7 source, but I have tried using the
>    trunk version and it does not seem to matter at all.

Changes to the feature buffer filled by QgsVectorLayer::nextFeature() are not
propagated to the layer.

Use QgsVectorLayer::changeAttributeValue() [1].

Jürgen

[1] http://www.qgis.org/api/classQgsVectorLayer.html#c6713fc84331e0b459f10fd0d7ecd8b8

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-20

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden