[Qgis-developer] Re: Meego Community device program Free Nokia N950 - Meego QGIS moblie

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 03:33:53 EDT 2011

Hi Paulo,

Elop (Nokia CEO) is pushing his own agenda - Nokia and Microsoft for
"enterprise" solution. Microsoft even renamed the WP7 phone into Mango
- sound like Meego, just confuse the non tech people. Nokia will
released Nokia N9 (Meego) probably before we can see Nokia Mango
device. Nokia and Microsoft has scheduled 16 August in Germany for the
Mango event. Some rumours said that during the event no Nokia mango
device for the event.

In my opinion, the Nokia Board of Directors decided that that the 2
strategies - Nokia - Microsoft (Elop) and MeeGo and Symbiam Camp (mid
management staff marketing Meego and Symbian devices (e.g. Nokia 500
just released the other day). They are complement products (Mango for
old and traditional market) and MeeGo for new generation - young and
technical literature.

Tonight Previewed of Nokia N9 in Malaysia
http://www.meegoexperts.com/2011/08/nokia-n9-previewed-malaysia-tonight/

For MeeGo tablet, Acer and Asus will release before Nokia. Intel has
research centre for software development in China for MeeGo
development after Nokia withdraw partially support for Meego. Meego UX
Tablet UI is developed by Intel, not Nokia.

Nvidia also released the hardfp for Tegra 2 which led to the running
Meego in nvidia Tegra 2 chipset - Trim Slice -Meego TV.

http://www.meegoexperts.com/2011/08/trim-slice-dev-kits-45-meego-tv/
http://www.meegoexperts.com/2011/08/xbmc-running-nvidia-tegra2-trimslice-arm-hard-floating-point/

Some people in XDA forum are looking on Asus transformer (Android)
tegra 2 to be ported to MeeGo. The device has dual boot with ubuntu 11
partially working, I think.

I hope to see Intel MeeGo tablets soon.

Nokia labs is busy working on Qt Creator for Meego, trying to mimic
iPhone UI (e.g. Address book list)
http://labs.qt.nokia.com/

Noli