[Qgis-developer] Implementing import layer feature

Giuseppe Sucameli brush.tyler at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 19:56:43 EDT 2011

Hi Martin, hi devs,
I'm back and ready to work on this feature.

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 1:58 PM, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:

> For now I would go with the first option since it is less invasive.
> The functionality could be used also by plugins: a simple method could
> be added to QgsProviderRegistry that would do the QLibrary magic.

You're right, in this moment the first option allows to me to spend my
time on coding the real feature.

We need an abstract "data source" class that would
> encapsulate a connection to database, to a web service or to a
> file/directory. These data sources would be implemented by each data
> provider and they would also provide new layer and data items
> functionality. However such changes need more time to complete, that
> is why I would stay with the first option.

Yes, that would be the best solution.

I am wondering what other devs think....

And me too. Are there other devs who want to share their own opinion?

Regards.

--
Giuseppe Sucameli