[Qgis-developer] Fill and point patterns

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Fri Aug 5 03:29:46 EDT 2011

Hi Marco

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 9:20 PM, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Marco
>
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 8:58 AM, Marco Hugentobler
> <marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
>> Hi devs
>>
>> Some time ago, I added two new symbol layers for line patterns and point
>> patterns. Like this, it is easier and more flexible to create hatches. For
>> lines, it is possible to choose color, angle and distance between lines. For
>> point patterns, there are options to select a marker type and displacement in
>> x- and y- directions.
>> Technically, those symbol layers are similar to the svg fill in that they
>> create an image in the appropriate resolution and set it as a texture to
>> QBrush.
>> The code for it is in the branch 'fill_patterns' in my github clone
>> git at github.com:mhugent/Quantum-GIS.git
>
> I have just tried it (from master) and it adds very useful
> functionality to new symbology!

Great stuff! I made a small blog post describing the feature here:

http://linfiniti.com/2011/08/new-hatching-modes-in-qgis-master-line-pattern-fill/

Just a small note: there seems to be a bug where the rotation angles
are not honoured when rendering (even though the symbol preview shows
them correctly) - see attached image. Also, would it be possible to
enable anti-aliasing on those lines?

Regards

Tim